Renting out your property
Keith Williams Real Estate has been servicing the local district for over 75 years. Throughout this period we have been recognised as the market leader in the Latrobe Valley. We know the rental market, how to effectively promote your property for lease and how to secure quality tenants for your investment.
Our vast knowledge of the area and current market trends ensures we are offering an accurate assessment and opinion of valuation for your property. Once a tenant has been secured our team will take care of the property management process so you can rest assure that your investment property is in capable hands. Listed below is a quick summary of our guaranteed services that are provided to our Landlords;
– Superior tenant screening
– Active arrears control
– Inspections of your property in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act of 1997
– Free advertising of your rental property on the company website and major external providers
– Preparation of leases in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act of 1997
– Detailed ongoing condition report including photo’s of the property
– Rent deposited directly to your account
– Prompt rent reviews and lease renewals
– Prompt attendance to maintenance issues
– Payment of accounts on behalf of the Landlord/s such as rates, insurance, etc for the investment
– Detailed monthly statements of all income and expenditure
– End of financial year statements
– Representation at VCAT by trained staff
– Professional dispute resolution
Preparing your investment property for lease
It is vital that the property be presented to the tenant in a safe, clean and tidy manner with all external areas maintained neatly. If the property is not presented well it may also detract from tenants viewing the property or prevent applications which may then delay the leasing of your property.
Our office provides you with an extensive checklist that can help you prepare your property for leasing. Listed below is a basic outline of what should be carried out prior to marketing your property for rent;
– Clean the property thoroughly from top to bottom, inside and out
– Fix and repair any maintenance issues
– Lawns are mowed and tidy, weeds are pulled
Please review Renting on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website for more information or feel free to contact our office direct on 5174 7777 if you require any further details or if you would like a free property appraisal.